Golf At Sky Valley
Located in a classic Mountain setting, the Sky Valley golf course opened in the mid 70’s. Bill Watts, course architect, capitalized his design using the natural features in the valley which were present long before a golf course was envisioned. With the elevation of this course the highest in Georgia, it is significantly cooler than courses elsewhere in the state.
In 2007, a major renovation and redesign was completed when noted course designer, Bill Bergin, transformed Sky Valley into a championship course. The first thing visitors notice is the lush texture of the fairways and greens of the current course. Bergin was able to utilize previously unused parcels of land to lengthen the course by 500 yards. The current length is over 6,900 yards which allows for each hole to have 7 sets of tees providing distances enjoyable by every level of player.
Golfers are invited to enjoy drinks and/or lunch at our Turn Cafe or Clubhouse Patio for Drinks and/or Lunch Tuesdays through Saturdays, April through September.
“Sky Valley can convincingly make a claim to be not only among the best mountain courses in Georgia, but among the best in the entire Southeast Mountain region.”
– GOLF GEORGIA (Official publication of The Georgia State Golf Association)
The semi-private Sky Valley Country Club course has a golf learning center which includes a practice range and a large putting green. Instruction is available from our PGA Professional and Golf Manager, Steve Heher. Contact Steve to schedule individual play, group play, and tournaments.
In addition, our Clubhouse Manager and Chef can arrange an array of affordable selections for you and your guests. From burgers and beer to our finest cuisine and signature cocktails, contact one of them for your entertaining needs.
- Par – 36-36-72
- Elevation – 3500 feet
- Course Architect – Bill Watts
- Redesign by Bill Bergin in 2007
- Play – Semi-Private, open for members, guests and the general public
- Facility Hours – Year round weather permitting, 7 days a week
- Grass – Bent grass from tee to green
- Course Record – 61 by James Mason, Sky Valley resident, Member of Senior PGA Tour
- Practice Facility – Complete practice facility with driving range, target greens, grass, all weather tees, putting and chipping greens. Lessons via utilizing “state of the art Full Swing Golf Simulator”.